iPhone 18 Pro Max
Forums › General Discussion › iPhone 18 Pro Max-
anyone getting this new phone? I have the 17 pro max so prob not gonna do it but the specs of the new a20 pro chip look pretty good.
-
new super cores, "desktop" class
96bit memory bus instead of 64.
extra 7th core for gpu
plus a second 16core NPU.
making total 32 cores. -
oh an 2nm chip instead of 3nm.
-
So expensive. The Duo is insane, will it be a hit or a flop?
-
I’m definitely getting the duo. People are outraged by the price but honestly it essentially replaces the need for tablet for some. It’s a phone and tablet in one. It’s gonna help me a lot with work, I’ve been needing a tablet but have been pushing back getting one until this came out
-
Going to use this 11 until it dies, then I’ll buy the oldest iphone they’re selling at my mobile provider.
-
:) why the oldest instead of the newest?
-
18 pro max starts at $1299
but you get $1200 trade in for an iphone 14 and up. 🤷🏻♂️. doesnt seem expensive or a bad deal. -
last time i upgraded it was painful as fuck though. i will have to make some changes before my next upgrade.
-
★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
I’m cheap. It just seems like a waste of money. This phone still does everything I need.:) why the oldest instead of the newest?
-
⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
You can always use the newest remake of the 8 if they still do that. I made the switch to android, but definitely some good things about iphone too. For one the screen is much more visible in sunlight even though the s25 claimed to be good for that. Also nice to be able to facetime people which is annoying not being able to sometimes. Overall though the freedom of Android outweighs the pros of the iphone for me.Going to use this 11 until it dies, then I’ll buy the oldest iphone they’re selling at my mobile provider.
-
Ah yeah the iphone 8 remake, technically iphone se, stopped in 2022 with the 3rd gen
-
$100 for the best phone isnt bad, i imaging waiting will end up costing more. 🤷🏻♂️.
-
upgrading every 3-4 years for $100 seems reasonable to me.
-
★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
it does, but I don’t think my carrier offers this option. My service is also $360/yr, paid once a year.upgrading every 3-4 years for $100 seems reasonable to me.
-
i upgrade from the 14 to the 17 for same reason. i thought it was the last year 14 would hVe been tradable. had i known... i would have waited also. i like to get the biggest jump in tech for my trade. 🤷🏻♂️
-
⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
wtf is your carrier lol. i prob pay that per month 😞★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
it does, but I don’t think my carrier offers this option. My service is also $360/yr, paid once a year.upgrading every 3-4 years for $100 seems reasonable to me.
-
mint? 👀
-
★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
He probably using a Jitterbug phone! 😂⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
wtf is your carrier lol. i prob pay that per month 😞★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
it does, but I don’t think my carrier offers this option. My service is also $360/yr, paid once a year.upgrading every 3-4 years for $100 seems reasonable to me.
-
Just got an iPhone 12 mini for £110
-
you got ripped off :)
-
★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
Mintmint? 👀
-
⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
Mint is legit. I have Verizon and for some reason my kid who has mint gets service when we don’t. Also when a hurricane came through and we didn’t have service for a week the kids was good the entire time.★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
Mintmint? 👀
-
℣į₭ϊ₦Ǥ👹 wrote:
Sounds like their service is pretty mint😉⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
Mint is legit. I have Verizon and for some reason my kid who has mint gets service when we don’t. Also when a hurricane came through and we didn’t have service for a week the kids was good the entire time.★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
Mintmint? 👀
-
℣į₭ϊ₦Ǥ👹 wrote:
I don’t have any complaints. They’re on TMobile towers, but the caveat is that Mint’s traffic is deprioritized when network congestion occurs. Not sure I ever noticed. They recently upgraded my included 10GB hotspot to 20GB.⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
Mint is legit. I have Verizon and for some reason my kid who has mint gets service when we don’t. Also when a hurricane came through and we didn’t have service for a week the kids was good the entire time.★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
Mintmint? 👀
Back on topic though.. This upgrade scheme appears to always tie you into contract. You always pay the monthly fee toward paying off a phone, so you can’t switch carriers without shelling out. That’s probably why they do this. If you want to leave, they potentially collect several hundred for the phone before you go.
-
im in a metroplex, congestion is standard.
-
⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
this is true if you are a provider jumper. the phone is "discounted" or deducted on your bill over aa number of months. if you leave it becomes full price.℣į₭ϊ₦Ǥ👹 wrote:
⚸яѻɢɛʀ𐕣тɦǟȶ⛧ wrote:
Mint is legit. I have Verizon and for some reason my kid who has mint gets service when we don’t. Also when a hurricane came through and we didn’t have service for a week the kids was good the entire time.★DΞICIDΞ★ wrote:
Mintmint? 👀
Back on topic though.. This upgrade scheme appears to always tie you into contract. You always pay the monthly fee toward paying off a phone, so you can’t switch carriers without shelling out. That’s probably why they do this. If you want to leave, they potentially collect several hundred for the phone before you go.
-
iv benn on att 20+ years. i dont worry about such things.
-
so you only pay the $100 for the trade in. the full cost is divided on your bill monthly for ~2yrs. deducted monthly also. if you leave before its complete, then then full price or remaining amont is due.
-
keeps people from taking advange of the $100 upgrade then jumping. that would suck for business lol
-
iPhone 11 128GB purchased 2/06/21 for $649. Owned for 66 months at a cost of $9.83/mo.
![[][]](https://turfwarsapp.com/img/app/ajax-forbutton.gif)
Purchase Respect Points NEW! · Support · Turf Map · Terms · Privacy
©2021 MeanFreePath LLC