Reggae
Forums โบ General Discussion โบ Reggae-
Anybody like reggae music ?
I went to see Collie Buddz on Saturday . The show was awesome , it was the second time I went to see his show & will return whenever he comes back to my hometown .
-
Have you heard call pon dem by chezidek? My current favorite song
-
Soja allthevway! I'm actually a member of high school reggae band. Play the keyboards and trumpet
-
Not yet , but will definitely check it out ! :) thanks
I also like Alborosie , can't wait to see him on stage .
-
Add ๐HYDRA๐ wrote:
I love soja! And idk if you guys would count it as real reggae, but im a big fan of sublime.Soja allthevway! I'm actually a member of high school reggae band. Play the keyboards and trumpet
-
My dad raised me on reggae. Last show I went to was Eek-A-Mouse. Brought a girl home from that show that night, too. That was years ago. Memories.
-
And mavado, almost forgot about him
-
๐4REAL๐ wrote:
Not yet , but will definitely check it out ! :) thanks
I also like Alborosie , can't wait to see him on stage .
Yeah man Albo is awesome. You wouldn't know he was Italian from just listening to his music.
-
Love it. Bob marley of course. Nas and Damien marley did an album together called Distant Relatives. It's awesome if anyone wants to check it out
-
I prefer the spiritual stuff over dancehall...Burning Spear, Jimmy Cliff, Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Maxi Priest...to name a few.๐
-
The first part of collie's show was done by Jah Cutta , very good too ! Can't stop listening to the song "cry" .
-
แฉเฝเผเฝเฝ wrote:
Bob marley ... Classic !!!!Love it. Bob marley of course. Nas and Damien marley did an album together called Distant Relatives. It's awesome if anyone wants to check it out
Nas & Damien ... Good record , favorite song is "patience". -
โขCANDOโข wrote:
I like all kind ๐I prefer the spiritual stuff over dancehall...Burning Spear, Jimmy Cliff, Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Maxi Priest...to name a few.๐
It put โ in your day & in your โค . -
๐4REAL๐ wrote:
Yeah I love that one too. My fave is probably "count your blessings"แฉเฝเผเฝเฝ wrote:
Bob marley ... Classic !!!!Love it. Bob marley of course. Nas and Damien marley did an album together called Distant Relatives. It's awesome if anyone wants to check it out
Nas & Damien ... Good record , favorite song is "patience". -
I was raised in the carribean, my father is English and bob marley is the man. reggae is not just music, it's a lifestyle. I love reggae, soca, and dancehall!
-
I am a HUGE fan of reggae, and all of its relatives. SLightly Stoopid is one of my favorite bands....if you haven't heard them you should check them out. Bradley from Sublime found them while they were still in high school and signed them to his label. Other good Reggae type bands to check out: Rebelution, Pepper, the Expendables, Dirty Heads.....and I have more. All blend reggae with other genres. Pepper is kinda alt rock reggae, Expendables are metal reggae, dirty heads combine rock/reggae/rap in an awesome way. Slightly Stoopid combines all genres of music, from punk to bluegrass, classic rock, blues, old time reggae and Cali style, etc etc
-
shaggys pretty bumpin and grindinn
-
PANTERA. wrote:
Like collie , you wouldn't know he's a white American guy with his accent .๐4REAL๐ wrote:
Not yet , but will definitely check it out ! :) thanks
I also like Alborosie , can't wait to see him on stage .
Yeah man Albo is awesome. You wouldn't know he was Italian from just listening to his music.
-
Slightly stoopid , mavado & gyptian are good too . I don't know the other one , yet .
-
Bob was a great Marley. His kids, not so much. They jacked up Lauryn Hill's career. The kids and drama. Its a crime she doesnt sing anymore.
-
41Fivin' wrote:
Ganja smuggling hey binabin a mohingMy dad raised me on reggae. Last show I went to was Eek-A-Mouse. Brought a girl home from that show that night, too. That was years ago. Memories.
-
I'm a massive fan! More a fan of lovers rock then dancehall and culture but still love it, just not as much!
Loving busy signal, vybz, mavado, gramps Morgan, alaine (what a voice) these are just the better known artists that come to mind!Collie buddz needs a new album!
-
Free buju banton
-
Add TAZ wrote:
41Fivin' wrote:
Ganja smuggling hey binabin a mohingMy dad raised me on reggae. Last show I went to was Eek-A-Mouse. Brought a girl home from that show that night, too. That was years ago. Memories.
I do a good Eek-A impersonation!
Security guard at my job is a reggae junky. He likes lovers rock, I like what he calls "the righteous stuff." Peter Tosh is my fave, but love me some Abyssinians, Congos, Jah Cure, etc.
-
Lefthook23 wrote:
I agree , he needs a new album , should be soon !I'm a massive fan! More a fan of lovers rock then dancehall and culture but still love it, just not as much!
Loving busy signal, vybz, mavado, gramps Morgan, alaine (what a voice) these are just the better known artists that come to mind!Collie buddz needs a new album!
Have you heard all the songs beside the album ?
Love "old time sake" , "now she's gone" (helped me a lot when I got divorced), playback ep & the newest "I feel so good" ... Well , I love everything he does !I love the fact that he's giving songs on his website .
-
๐ yes I've got all his stuff! I'm a big fan! Album is well over due tho!
I'm loving watchy watchy at the min! It's a big riddim it's on! -
I didn't heard that specific riddim , is "too watchy" on it ?
Btw , where do you get your riddim ?
-
41Fivin' wrote:
Man, I was just about to post that I couldn't believe nobody had mentioned possibly one o the GREATEST reggae singers of all time! Ketchy shuby 415, Peter Tosh is 'da shit mon! If you guys haven't heard his "legalize it" album, go buy it today! I'll give it ๐๐๐๐๐Add TAZ wrote:
41Fivin' wrote:
Ganja smuggling hey binabin a mohingMy dad raised me on reggae. Last show I went to was Eek-A-Mouse. Brought a girl home from that show that night, too. That was years ago. Memories.
I do a good Eek-A impersonation!
Security guard at my job is a reggae junky. He likes lovers rock, I like what he calls "the righteous stuff." Peter Tosh is my fave, but love me some Abyssinians, Congos, Jah Cure, etc.
-
Ghetto Monstazz wrote:
OMG, I love sublime. I know all the lyrics to 'What I got'.Add ๐HYDRA๐ wrote:
I love soja! And idk if you guys would count it as real reggae, but im a big fan of sublime.Soja allthevway! I'm actually a member of high school reggae band. Play the keyboards and trumpet
![[][]](https://turfwarsapp.com/img/app/ajax-forbutton.gif)
Purchase Respect Points NEW! ยท Support ยท Turf Map ยท Terms ยท Privacy
ยฉ2021 MeanFreePath LLC